Monday, September 26, 2016

Autumn To-Do List 2016

I was so encouraged by how well my summer to-do list kept me on track with my goals for my personal, interior life (as opposed to my life as a wife, as a mommy, a homeschooling teacher, a Sunday school teacher, etc.).  So here's my list for this autumn!  Except that I meant to make this weeks ago, and then... we went on vacation for two weeks.  Which was great!  But between visiting relatives and running my Tolkien blog party from the road, I never got around to writing up a to-do list.  So this is going to be a bit shorter than my previous ones, because I want to finish this by the end of November.  Here goes!

~ Re-read Rilla of Ingleside by L. M. Montgomery

~ Read Letters on an Elk Hunt by Elinore Pruitt Stewart

~ Read Song of the Ean by Emily Nordberg



~ Read 3 other books from my TBR shelves

~ Read 3 books from the library

~ Watch Two Years Before the Mast (1946)


~ Finish season one of Leverage

~ Watch the Ioan Gruffudd version of Great Expectations

~ Watch 3 more movies from my TBW shelves

~ Make tomato basil soup.  This recipe looks good...

~ Try making my own pumpkin spice latte, possibly this one.

Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
(Source)
~ Finish a rough draft of my western Little Red Riding Hood

~ While I'm at it, find a good title for that story

~ Print, frame, and hang family photos in our foyer

That ought to keep me busy, don't you think?  Do you have things you hope to accomplish this fall?  Do you love to-do lists, or hate them, or are you indifferent to them?  And do you have a good recipe for pumpkin spice latte?  I can't keep spending $4 on them at Starbucks all the time, I'll go poor.

8 comments:

  1. This looks like a really good list! I think a to-do list for your interior life is a great idea. Making reading lists has always backfired on me, because I prefer to read based on my whims of the moment, but less specific list items like "read three library books" might be more doable. I've recently learned the value of list-making for productivity, and you may have inspired me to write my own autumn list.

    No recipes for pumpkin spice lattes here, I'm afraid. I was disappointed by the one pumpkin spice latte I've tried--I just don't like the taste of coffee. But I hope you can find a good one. Those Starbucks prices are villainous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I also read based on what I'm "in the mood for" most of the time, so this keeps me moving forward, but gives me leeway.

      I didn't like coffee much for years. Preferred getting my caffeine from Coca-cola. Now, though, I'm pretty addicted.

      Delete
  2. I've watched the Ioan Gruffudd version and the newest. I think over all the Ioan Gruffudd might be the most accurate, at least as far as the portrayal of Pip. But I don't seem to remember Herbert Pocket at all; I love Herbert.
    I feel like Rilla of Ingleside is almost as well-loved in the blogging world as Anne of Ingleside. That one didn't click as well for me, I think because I didn't like Rilla, but the writing is intense and the perspective of the war fascinating.
    I don't like coffee, but I want to try masala chai for a fall drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Livia, I read Great Expectations years and years ago, when I learned Ioan was filming this. I didn't like the story much, so all that's pulling me toward this is Ioan and the fact that I've owned it on VHS for several years and need to just watch it already.

      So many bloggers are nutty over ROI, but I'm practically done with it, and it's still not one of my favorites. I think it's probably one of the best-written, but it doesn't click with me overall.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to hear what you think about Rilla of Ingleside!!! I. LOVE. THAT. BOOK. WAY. TOO. MUCH.

    Also, "Leverage" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, you are not alone -- lots of people love it. I'm not one of them, alas. Review coming in a few days, I hope!

      Delete
  4. Ioan's Great Expectations is really good as I remember. Though I always judge these as films because it's RARE that I actually read classic literature.

    Also, you're writing a re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood!? How exciting. I hope someday I will see it out in the world and be able to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I feel like I need to be in just the right mood for Great Expectations... and I'm getting there. When fall really hits, I think I'll be ready!

      Yup, a western version of LRRH. If it works out nicely, I'm going to consider self-publishing, so you might just get that chance eventually!

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)