Sunday, September 10, 2017

Autumn To-Do List 2017

Okeydokey, time to post my next to-do list.  I was really happy with how many books I read from my TBR shelves this summer, so I'm upping my goals there, but cutting back on how many books I aim to get from the library.  Just to be fair to myself, because (believe it or not) I don't have unlimited reading time.

(Source)

~ Publish Cloaked.  This is kind of a gimme, but hey, I like a to-do list to have a few gimmes.  Checking them off makes me feel like I'm doing well.



~ Read House of Living Stones by Katie Schuermann

~ Read 5 other books from my TBR shelves

~ Read 3 books from the library

~ Watch 5 movies from my TBW shelves

~ Go see Thor: Ragnarok




~ Make "Baked Oatmeal Bars" from this recipe.

~ Finish the skirts and cape I'm sewing for my kids

~ Finish my Newt Scamander scarf (after all, by the end of November, I probably will want to wear it)

~ Repair/update the "mouse house," which is this playhouse I made for the kids out of an old sheet that I cut and sewed to fit over a card table.  It's got a bunch of rips, and they're all 3 years older than they were when I made it, so I think it's time to not only fix the rips, but maybe make it a little "cooler" at the same time.


That's all for this season!  Do you have anythings you're looking forward to doing this autumn, or are hoping to tick off your to-do list?

12 comments:

  1. Finish first draft of current novel (probably will, within a week or so).

    Throw a Halloween Tea.

    Probably see Thor. Depends on how into it I am that weekend and how far I want to drive just to see Cate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charity, oooh! Approaching the finish line on a draft -- how thrilling!

      A Halloween Tea sounds cool.

      Wait, there are people in Ragnarok besides Chris Hemsworth??? ;-)

      Delete
    2. Yeah. It's exciting to get close to the end -- that enthusiasm usually keeps me going for the final push. Would be helpful to have an idea of how to resolve a plot thread, though. ;)

      Yes. I hear Hiddleston is also in it. ;)

      Delete
    3. Charity, I'm that way too. I can drum up barrels of enthusiasm for beginning a story and ending it. The middle, though, can be rough.

      Oh, wow. Two more people than Hemsworth? This movie's getting crowded! :-o

      (Seriously, though, I am loving the thought of Thor and Hulk teaming up because they amuse me together.)

      Delete
  2. What a good autumn to-do list! I love that you're making a Newt Scamander scarf - makes me want to take up knitting!

    Hmm...what would be on my to-do list? I recently moved to a new city for college, so I want to spend more of my time exploring it (and also passing my classes, hehe). I'd love to get a few more TBR/TBW things off my shelves - although I think I add more to it the longer time goes on! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire! I'm very slow at knitting, but it's fun anyway.

      College in a new city! I remember those days. I hope you're making new friends and learning lots!

      I keep adding more to my TBW/TBR shelves, and it's getting ridiculous. I need to get them under control.

      Delete
  3. I see much reading in your future. :)
    I'll probably be back one of these days with a monstrous to-do list. Until then... ignorance is bliss. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebekah, indeed! Much reading and movie-watching.

      Haha, sometimes to-do lists can be helpful, and sometimes they make me tired just looking at them, so I get that.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That's an awesome list. I'm going to be travelling for a few days, driving through France and Spain. Then I have a shed-load of work to do on my fifth novel, which has reached Suckage Point. (The point at which I feel everything about it sucks - I go through this with all my books.) I'd like to get it finished by the end of November or, at least to my editor. I also have a self-portrait I meant to finish this summer, but didn't. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie! Wow, traveling through France and Spain sounds amazing :-o

      Yeah, I hit that point with every book and story. The whole thing Sucketh Mightily, and I just have to remind myself it's happened before and I can move through it. Hope you can fight through it swiftly!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, MC! I've already checked one thing off (I finished reading House of Living Stones -- review coming this weekend), so I'm off to a good start.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)